View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
I just need HELP!!!!!! 
Rookie

Post I just need HELP!!!!!!
Hope somebody out there can help me.... I've about had it!!

I have one brick in which if I place a steering block to go straight, the robot just spins on the spot. (This is NOT the case with other bricks I have used.) When I switch over the connecting cables between motors, the robot still spins on the spot but in the reverse direction!! I have updated the software a number of times. As far as I can see: the connecting cables are OK as is the case with the individual motors. There seems to be some problem with the problem message getting to the motors. Is there something wrong with the brick itself?

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:34 pm
Rookie

Post Re: I just need HELP!!!!!!
Problem: Spinning robot on move straight block

Eureka!!!!!! I have just solved my own problem!! Thought I'd share it with you in case someone else has the same problem. I have found that there is a loose connection in one of the motor ports. In my case this was Port B. Even though I had put in the connecting cable into the port correctly, the brick didn't seem to recognise it. How did I find this out you ask? Well if you go into the brick display screen and find the option 'Port View", it gives you tabs for Ports A, B, C and D. If my case it had the medium motor indicated for motor A, D was empty as expected and C had a motor icon displayed. In the case of Port B it was displayed as empty even though I had clicked in a connecting cable! When I 'jiggled' the cable a little, it registered as been in connected but then when I let the cable go, the display went to it being not present again. My simple solution is to tape (use something strong like duct tape) up the cable in place at such an angle as to ensure that the brick registers it as being connected up to the motor. Maybe Lego will replace my brick as it's less than a years old??

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:58 pm
Rookie

Post Re: I just need HELP!!!!!!
:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
I have some problems with my robots like you. I will check it carefully :bigthumb:

Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]