View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RobotC with NXTCam and PixyCam problem 
Rookie

Post RobotC with NXTCam and PixyCam problem
Dear all,

I have a small (BIG) problem and I would like to see if you have any ideas on the subject.

I have both an NXTCam4 and a Pixy camera. Both are attached on a Tetrix build with NXT brick since the Mindsensors motors cannot work with EV3 yet.

I try to use both cameras, one on port 2 and another on port 3. The Pixy camera has the mindsensors adapter for NXT. Both cameras work at I2C 0x02 on two different ports. I was told that the power might be an issue for both cameras so I added a mini USB power bank on the pixy.

My problem is that if I use the pixy by itself it works fine. If I use the NXTCam by itself it works fine. If both are working then the one of the two does not detect blobs.

I have to say that I use the mindsensors-nxtcam.h file for the NXTCam and the nxtcamlib.c for Pixy.

Question 1: Can I use the mindsensors-nxtcam.h for both cameras? Is it advisable?
Question 2: Any ideas why one of the cameras might not be working when the other is active?

Thanks,

Pericles

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:21 pm
Rookie

Post Re: RobotC with NXTCam and PixyCam problem
Hmmmm personally I like PixyCamas its quite easy to use. I haven't worked with NXTCam though.

You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects and PIC Mirocontroller Projects and have also designed many new Proteus Tutorials and Engineering Projects. I hope you guys are gonna like them.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Post Re: RobotC with NXTCam and PixyCam problem
You might also wanna check this tutorial out they have explained quite well about pixy camera http://www.theengineeringprojects.com/2 ... amera.html

You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects and PIC Mirocontroller Projects and have also designed many new Proteus Tutorials and Engineering Projects. I hope you guys are gonna like them.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]