View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Help!.. please 
Rookie

Post Help!.. please
Okay so I'm new to the site and im new to programming. :? I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how i can learn to use robotc better to do more complicated thing on my own. :oops: .... thanks...

Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:57 pm
Professor

Post Re: Help!.. please
Welcome to RobotC. Can you be a little more specific? What are you attempting to do? What have you tried?

Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:23 pm
Expert

Location: Investigating an unidentified ship sighted in Sector 31428
Hello, and welcome to the bane of your life :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (don't ask, you'll figure it out soon enough)

Now for the advice:

I would recommend you start with a C programming book so that you can get the basics down or even better a C++ book. The C++ is identical to C in terms of syntax and basic programming conventions; C++, however, adds some big concepts which C didn't have; you don't have to learn C++, but I find it easier to "adjust down" than to "adjust up" if you know what I mean.

Either way, don't try the examples they give using RobotC, as RobotC is technically a different language; it's complicated, just trust me, they won't work :D . If you do want to try some of the examples, there are several free IDEs for C/C++ out there, download one; you may have to download a separate compiler depending on the one you choose, not all come with compilers. I recommend Microsoft's Visual C++ Express Edition (it's free and don't let the name confuse you, it supports both C and C++), it comes with everything you need (IDE, compiler, debugger, other cool stuff, etc...)

You can try the RobotC help files, although I don't recommend that; there isn't much to be found in them and may end up confusing you more. Also you can peruse these forums, although for learning the language that, again, may not be very helpful.

Add of course we here can almost always help you, we've become pretty good teachers around here :D.

Hope this helps. :programmer:

Captain, Head programmer, School of the Arts, Silverbots Robtics Team #2890
Code:
using namespace System;
using namespace Genius;
using namespace Personality;
public ref class Nerd : Geek, IAnserable
{
    Geek::Type brainMode = Geek::Type::Programmer;
}

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:57 pm
Rookie

Thanks for your suggestions. I hope it will help me.

Thanks Again!!! :D

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]