View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Import a robotc complied program (.rxe)? 
Rookie

Post Import a robotc complied program (.rxe)?
I just received my second NXT brick and wanted to try a quick program to make sure it works. So I opened up a program (instead of creating a new one) and deleted most of it and executed it on the new brick... What I didn't think of is that robotc automatically saves the program on the computer when compiling... I'm having a hard time getting used to this type of behavior :p

Anyway, I have the program on the first NXT in .rxe (compiled) format, any way to "decompile" it??

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 am

Sadly, there is no way to decompile a program back to its RobotC equivalent.

You can however move the file from the one NXT to the other. Use the file management tool and upload the file to your computer, then download it to the other NXT.

Sorry to hear about your program, good luck restoring it.

Scott

My Robot Projects:
http://www.freewebs.com/robotprojects/

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Creator
Creator

It's too late for the current program, but the "auto save before compile" is a preference option that you can enable/disable. It's found be selecting the "preferences" option and then the "Editor" tab.

There's also a "Create Backup File on Save" option that will save the prevous file with file extension ".bak". This option is currently (and inconsistently) in the "Preferences" tab for "Compiler". For version 1.13, I will move it to the "Editor" tab as well and add a third file extension type for the "original" file from the beginning of a ROBOTC session. This way you can "revert" to either (1) the last saved version or (2) the version from the beginning of the ROBOTC editing session.

Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:43 am
Rookie

Good to know! Adding the third file extention will also be a useful feature in some cases, like the one I've had. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the replies

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]