View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Dexterindustries WIFI Sensor 
Rookie

Post Dexterindustries WIFI Sensor
I'm wondering if other people are having the same issue. Both on the Dexterindustries website as on botbench you can find code to connect to a wifi network and start a TCP server, I tried this code myself and this works. But from the moment I close my application and run it again I can't connect to the network anymore? Am I the only one having this issue? Is it my fault on the network setup, I'm just using an open network.

Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 am
Rookie

Post Re: Dexterindustries WIFI Sensor
Hey ggfela,

This is not necessarily a problem. You've got two separate things going on here:
- The WIFI module is connecting to the network.
- The WIFI module is then executing some process on the network.

You're not disconnecting from the network or resetting the WIFI module (or it doesn't sound like it). So unless you are purposefully disconnecting, or letting it sit for more than 10 minutes (which will automatically disconnect the network), or restarting the power on the module, you're still connected to your wifi network.

If you want to re-run the program, just re-run the TCP network program and see if that makes a difference. It sounds like you're trying to reconnect to the network while you're already connected to the network.

http://www.dexterindustries.com/blog

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]