View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
NXT Dead Reckoning 
Expert

Post NXT Dead Reckoning
A dead reckoning (position) library (for NXT & robotc) to try out. It maintains global variable as to your robots location and heading without a compass, although a compass will help make it more accurate. And provide simple Piloting functions like move, turn, goto(x,y).

Please let me know of any problems you run into. I'm still working on a video explaining it, but as is usual for me, I got carried away and I am trying to do too much. (see update)

http://www.spiked3.com/?p=410

The zip file has the LDD for my bot, but the library is generic and should work with any differential drive robots. Let me know if it does not.

update: man, this project has been a pain. I've been calling it localization for a while, and forgot, it's not really, it is dead reckoning. Localization involves using something in the environment to correct dead reckoning errors. So, even though I got a second wind to work on the video tutorial, I now have to go back and fix a bunch of voice overs. I gave up on finding something to use as a whiteboard. Any suggestions? Have you seen and/or know how they did the latest udacity videos?

Attachments:
_NI35806.jpg
_NI35806.jpg [ 802.76 KiB | Viewed 1797 times ]
PoseNXT.zip [276.34 KiB]
Downloaded 135 times

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Post Re: NXT Dead Reckoning
I am going to have to figure out a way to use this for something, it's very cool. Maybe modify it to make it work with a holonomic platform :)

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Expert

Post Re: NXT Dead Reckoning
mightor wrote:
I am going to have to figure out a way to use this for something, it's very cool. Maybe modify it to make it work with a holonomic platform :)

- Xander

Great! I keep wanting a set of those wheels, but keep finding other things to stay busy with instead. MoveSideways does sound cool :)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]