View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
RobotC manual 
Rookie

Post RobotC manual
Can you sugest me a good guide to initiate RobotC learning on my own (excluding the cd from the RobotC official website)?

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

grizzlymarv, have you tried looking at the online videos in the web version of Teaching ROBOTC for Mindstorms? I know you said excluding the content in the CD, but the videos should be able to get you comfortable with basic functions and programming concepts. That should be enough to get you on your way to understand the more advanced concepts.

Link: http://www.robotc.net/teachingmindstorms/index.html

See if that helps.

(I'm moving this to the NXT Programming forum - this forum is just for tips on programming with actual code)

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Last edited by vnguyen on Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:58 am
Rookie

Thanks vnguyen for your reply but the main issue is that the information that the videos give I already have and I said excluding the cd because I already know the basics and now I need more complex uses for RobotC.

Thank you anyway

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think a good way to at least get started is to think about what type of applications or behaviors you would like to perform. Once you come up with some, try running a search through the forums to see if anyone has done anything similar. You can get a feel for how the algorithm was created and that way you'd be able to discuss how it was done or begin suggesting alternatives.

Do you have any specific applications or behaviors in mind?

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:17 pm
Rookie

Yes I have. I am trying to create a program that orders the robot to folllow the line black with 3 light sensors, detects victims (silver and green), avoids objects , continues if there is any interruption and finally returns.
I have suceeded in creating this but I believe that with more advanced programming tutorials the process will go more smootly.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:59 am
Rookie

Post Re: RobotC manual
I would like to second the very real need for a user's manual. Different people work in different styles and I for one would rather look in an index then spend a lot of time searching forums for an answer that I should just be able to look up in the book.

Ed

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]