View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
line tracking (road lane recognition algorithm) with webcam 
Rookie

Post line tracking (road lane recognition algorithm) with webcam
I hav a project to recognize road lane with webcam. Really easy with light sensors, but recognizing with webcam, I can't even get the feel of solving this one. How can i do this?

(my project is manless vehicle. So it is essential to make an algorithm that moving with webcam)

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: line tracking (road lane recognition algorithm) with web
Using a webcam with the NXT will be a very tricky process, no doubt. The first thing to figure out is how to connect the webcam to the NXT; then you will need to figure out a way to interpret the data being sent to from the webcam (which I'm not sure if the NXT has the power to do or not, but if it does it will require some very custom code to do so), and then determine the best way to handle that data in a custom program. In a nutshell, it would be a lot of work for something that I'm not even sure is possible or realistically feasible

You may want to look into one of the pre-existing vision systems for the NXT (such as the NXTCam) as they were designed specifically for the NXT and will probably be much easier to use; however, they still require a fairly heavy programming and analytical background:

Quote:
Using NXTCam requires fair amount of programming expertize and analytical skills.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]