View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
NXT motor power drawn information 
Rookie

Post NXT motor power drawn information
I initially developed the code for my robot in a different IDE, which had a very useful function that returned the actual power drawn by the motors when they were regulated to run at a certain speed. The actual power applied (changed by adjusting the PWM pulses) is related to the load put on the motor, and this information is necessary to my program.

Is there anything like it in RobotC??

Many thanks.

Andy.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:42 am
Creator
Creator

What do you mean by "power drawn"? There is no capability to measure this in the NXT hardware.

Was the other IDE that you were using for a NXT robot? Or was it for a different hardware platform?

Do you instead mean to obtain the "PWM setting" calculated by the NXT firmware's PID algorithm to preserve the regulated speed?

Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:53 am
Rookie

I was using Bricx Command Centre. Yes, I mean the PWM setting (I'm not sure how it actually did it, but I think it returned the actual pulse width as a percentage). My robot program was monitoring and analyzing this information to work out the position of mechanisms on the robot...

Andy.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]