View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
txt files with robotc 
Rookie

Post txt files with robotc
Hi all,
I want to prerpare a project in which txt files are uploaded to the NXT brick, these files should include coordinates of a obstacles in a room , then the brick should locate an object locates somewhere in the room (such as the Hitechnic IR ball) and once it has it's distance (via US) and direction (according to IRseeker and compass) then it should calculate a path in which the obstacles are avoided.

this is the general idea, I might change it a bit, but what I would like to know is if anyone has any experience with using data files in RobotC? is it at all possible with RobotC?

Any tip would be welcome,
Tnx
AdiDACT

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:34 am
Rookie

Post Re: txt files with robotc
yeah i was using text files a bit for my thesis storing data and using it to load configuration data. The text file read/write aren't too bad and seemed to work fairly quickly - just have to realise that unlike real C once you have called the openWrite() command and have closed the file handle that no more data can be written to a file but u can read as many times as you like - apparently the NXT supports 16 file operations simultaneously. Other thing to note is that you are using flash memory so if u intend read and write from files alot i would recommend reading the data into to say an array or something and using the data from there - i forgot i was using flash memory for a few days and probably burnt through like half of the read/write cycle lifespan of the flash memory :cry:

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:13 am
Guru

nxt flash memory: only about 10 thousand writings all over!
Flash-memory AT91SAM7S256 :
Quote:
Features
• 256 Kbytes of Internal High-speed Flash, Organized in 1024 Pages of 256 Bytes
– Single Cycle Access at Up to 30 MHz in Worst Case Conditions
– Prefetch Buffer Optimizing Thumb Instruction Execution at Maximum Speed
– Page Programming Time: 4 ms, Including Page Auto-erase, Full Erase Time: 10 ms
10,000 Write Cycles, 10-year Data Retention Capability, Sector Lock Capabilities,

#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;task main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PutPixel(x,y);}}}while(1)}

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:23 am
Creator
Creator

Quote:
Features
• 256 Kbytes of Internal High-speed Flash, Organized in 1024 Pages of 256 Bytes
– Single Cycle Access at Up to 30 MHz in Worst Case Conditions
– Prefetch Buffer Optimizing Thumb Instruction Execution at Maximum Speed
– Page Programming Time: 4 ms, Including Page Auto-erase, Full Erase Time: 10 ms
10,000 Write Cycles, 10-year Data Retention Capability, Sector Lock Capabilities,

Fortunately the most common failure mode of the 10K write cycles is that flash memory retention time is reduced from 10 years instead of failures resulting in hard memory errors.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]