View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Snatcher - HT Color sensor 
Novice

Post Snatcher - HT Color sensor
Hello::

I built the Snatcher robot in Laurens Valk's book "The Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Discovery". I am having troubles getting the HiTechnic color sensor (version 1) to work. I have managed to get the robot to raise its arm, spin around looking for an object within 45 cm. If it sees something then lower the arm and drive forward. I am still having troubles coordinating the ultrasonic sensor reading with how farward the robot needs to travel before it has the object within the gripper's range. I then thought maybe I could use the color sensor to detect the object. When I run the program I do not get any value for the color sensor (color1 variable). What am I doing wrong?

I have run the HTCS-test1 sample program and it works just fine.

Mike,

Attachments:
searcher2.c [2.91 KiB]
Downloaded 251 times
Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Snatcher - HT Color sensor
Mike,

Thanks for using my driver suite. You should consider downloading and installing the latest version of it from here: [LINK].

I don't see anything wrong with your code, however, from your description it is unclear what it is you're trying to do with the colour sensor. At what distance are you hoping to detect the ball using the colour sensor?

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:36 am
Profile WWW
Novice

Hello Xander:

I finally figured out the color sensor problem, not sure what was wrong. I did change the final slash in the two includes.

I have not had a lot of time lately to work on my robot but what I wanted to do was once the ultrasonic sensor detected an object of a certain size that if within that size drive towards it and then use the color sensor first to detect when the robot is close enough and secondly that the object is the right color. I am sure that when I get some more time, hopefully in the next few days, I will need some additional help.

I will also download the newest drivers and see if that also helps.

Thank you for your help.

Mike,

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Rookie

Hello Lego Geek,

Can I Get the full coding of your project since you are using ROBOTC. A.S.A.P It will be useful for me

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:33 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

UTP Lego wrote:
Hello Lego Geek,

Can I Get the full coding of your project since you are using ROBOTC. A.S.A.P It will be useful for me

Please note the age of the thread before posting in the future; this thread has been dormant for almost 5 years, and the original poster should instead be contacted via PM (Private Message). Thank you in advance!

Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]