View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
dont know how to use IRSeeker 
Rookie

Post dont know how to use IRSeeker
i am using RobotC version 1.0. and i need help with the sensor type because it is not in the A/D Sensors type list so i am unable to program the IRSeeker to do anything could you please help me with it.
Also would anyone know of a basic code for searching a IR ball(this ball is the generic robocup soccer ball).

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:37 pm

Post Re: dont know how to use IRSeeker
Hi there,

Edit: You should be able to use the direction register by configuring the sensor as a Ultra Sonic sensor, they use the equivalent NXT-G block in the example on the product page.

For normal usage you should be able to read this sensor as a Digital In sensor. I don't own one of these sensors but I looked at the internal register layout and that seems to make sense to me. For more advanced usage you will need to write your own driver. This sensor is capable of returning the individual values of all 5 internal sensors so you could write your own location code. The value returned from the register most likely read by the Digital In sensor type will be a value from 0-9, which seems to be a direction indicator. The direction value is most likely calculated from the various signal strengths of the internal sensors. I don't know how multiple sources of IR affect this value.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]