View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
master controller code 
Rookie

Post master controller code
I was just wondering if the Vex version of RobotC has the master controller (i.e. not the user controller) code rewritten such that the 18.4 ms execution limit is not present.

That is, on the standard Vex firmware, the master controller code allows the user code to execute about once every 18.4 ms or roughly 54 times a second. I have a PID routine I would like to implement, but PID requires some fairly consistent timing between measurements to be accurate.

Any know how far this RobotC master controller code is from the Vex Labs version?

Take care,
KJohn

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:00 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

To my knowledge, RobotC does not rewrite the master controller code. It will only rewrite the code on the user firmware.

The next version of RobotC for Vex (and IFI controllers such as the FRC controller) will have the ability to write both the Vex and FRC controller's master and user code. Not only will it be able to do that, but it will also rewrite the code from RobotC (no more IFI loader to install new firmware)

The new version is currently in testing and hopefully will be posted by the end of this week.

Tue May 01, 2007 3:28 pm
Rookie

Oh man, I think I just drooled on my keyboard. Can't wait for the end of this week! :wink:

Thanks for the update.

Take care,
KJohn

Wed May 02, 2007 12:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]