View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
RobotC & Vista x64 
Rookie

Post RobotC & Vista x64
Hi all,
The problem I currently have, is that I'm finding it hard to program the controller using RobotC on Vista x64... Initially, it wouldn't talk to the controller at all and just didn't see that it was connected, however I have found that plugging the programming cable direct into the laptop, rather than a USB hub fixes that.... Now I can use the IFI loader to install the default firmware, and EasyC seems to work with out a problem....

The problem is, I want to use RobotC, but as soon as I try downloading RobotC firmware or a program, the app hangs without an error messge - The "PGRM Status" light on the controller flashes green, and the on screen progress bar stays at 0% - If I click in the window, I get the Windows "Not Responding" message in the title bar and have to force RobotC to close... This happens even I choose "Run as Administrator". RobotC works fine on my Eeepc, so it must be a vista issue..... Has anyone else found this, or know how to fix it? I'll end up cross-eyed if I have to program on the EeePC!!

Thanks!

Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:33 pm
Rookie

Post Re: ROBOTC & Vista x64
Just a quick update...
I have removed robotc, and the USB drivers, and then just re-installed them, and everything seems ok now! It must have been a bad driver install.....

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]