View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Joystick not recognized 
Rookie

Post Joystick not recognized
Hello,
I'm trying to download the firmware to the joystick, but my Windows 7, 64 bit pc does not recognize the device when I plug it in while pressing the config button. I was able to get the Cortez recognized and downloaded after re-installing a couple of times. I've gone throught the doc and process many times.
Is the joystick driver included in the same vex driver download or do I need something else? I also noticed that I have the NXT drivers loaded from last year during FLL. Could this be a conflict? I'm coaching a new Vex team of young kids and would appreciate any ideas.
Thanks.
Bill

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:40 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Joystick not recognized
Hi Bill,

The driver for the Cortex is the same one for the Joystick. What error message are you getting?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:18 pm
Rookie

Thanks for the response. When I plug it in, I get the windows message "USB Device Not Recognized". You wouldn't happen to know the device id for the Joystick or which .inf file I can look at?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:15 pm
Rookie

I got the joystick firmware downloaded by first connecting the joystick without pressing the config button. This caused the driver to be installed. Then I connected it again with the config pressed and again I got the "Usb device not recognized" windows message but the lights were blinking and I could download the firmware.
Not sure if this is the way it's supposed to work, but it worked for me and I'm on to the next step.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]