View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Program not downloading 
Rookie

Post Program not downloading
Hello,
My program is not downloading to the micro-controller. I am using Windows 7 and ROBOTC for IFI 2.0.2. I have attempted to fix the problem by uninstalling and then re-installing the driver software from the ROBOTC website. I then selected which port the USB cable was plugged into while it was hooked up to the robot (with power off). I then turned the robot on, and downloaded the program, this worked.

The next day, I tried to download the program again. I made changes to, the program and it would not download. I followed the same process as I did before, when the program downloaded: Open ROBOTC, plug in the cable, select which port I was using, and download the program. This didn’t work after repeating this several times. I checked the connections with a volt meter and the cord is in good condition. What is wrong with this? In the past, the program would download fine, now it all of the sudden cannot. Am I doing something wrong?

Any help or tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Program not downloading
What error messages are you getting?

Have you tried redownloading the ROBOTC firmware? Also, try using a different, fully charged battery, if you haven't.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:11 pm
Rookie

Before, when it was not downloading, it came up with the standard "ROBOTC failed to communicate with VEX controller" and after that "Robot controller failed to respond" I tried to re-download the firmware and master firmware and it said it failed to erase the flash memory. Also there is a big orange light flashing, it's not one of the four LED's, but above them. I still need to get another battery, but I will post what happens when I do.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:38 pm
Rookie

Ok, so I finally got a new battery, and the program is still not downloading....any tips?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:45 pm

You said that the big orange light was flashing. Are you using a PIC? If so, do you have the correct platform and port selected?

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 am
Rookie

Yes, I am using PIC.
I have the correct platform selected "Innovation First (IFI) VEX"
And I select the port I will be using before I download the program.

I tried to download the Firmware and Master Firmware back on, and it says it cannot communicate with the micro controller.
Is there maybe an update I need?

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:55 am
Rookie

OK, so I figured out why my programs weren't downloading.
I unplugged everything from the interrupter, analog/digital port, and motor ports. I then re-downloaded the program and it worked.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That might be an indicator that one of your sensors is causing a short. I've seen a handful of VEX sensors that were poorly soldered during the manufacturing process and caused the microcontroller to overheat. If it happens to you again, you might try the process of elimination to see if it's one of the sensors.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]