View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
datalogging 
Rookie

Post datalogging
Hey guys, I'm new on the forum.
So I want to do datalogging with VEX cortex microcontroller but I've only found how to do that for NXT. I think this is because the previous VEX cortex lacked in RAM, but the new one I think has enough to do a significant amount of datalogging. I want to be able to run the robot through an exercise with the VEXnet controllers, and record what it is doing and be able to repeat the exercise. I think that this could be done by recording joystick values and whether or not buttons are pressed. I don't know, however, how to write to .csv files using ROBOTC for VEX. Is this possible, and if so how do I do it?
Thanks,
James

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: datalogging
Unfortunately there is currently no way to save a datalog file on the Cortex; you can, however, display the required values to the Debug Stream window using the Debug Stream commands;even if the robot is not hooked up to a computer, it will store the debug stream values in volatile memory and populate the Debug Stream debugger window once the robot is reconnected to a computer. The text can then be copied over to a text file or spreadsheet for further analysis.

For instance, let's assume you would like to check and write the values of 'sensor1' to the debug stream:

Code:
writeDebugStreamLine("%d", SensorValue(sensor1));

This will check the value of sensor1 and write its decimal value to the Debug Stream.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]