View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Two Quick Competition Related Questions 
Rookie

Post Two Quick Competition Related Questions
  • Is the "pre_auton()" function called more than once prior to Autonomous?
  • If not, what's the best way to check when the "pre_auton()" period has ended so that I can break myself out of a loop that is being used to select an Autonomous?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Two Quick Competition Related Questions
By default, the pre_auton function is called at the beginning of task main() only. It is possible to enter the pre_auton function multiple times in a match, however; if either the robot resets itself or if the user manually calls the pre_auton function, the robot will go through the function two (or more) times.

When you say you are breaking yourself out of a loop, what exactly do you mean by that? Would you be able to post your code in question for us to look at? From what I'm seeing, you may be looping in pre_auton and gathering sensor data, then using that data to determine which autonomous function to call? If this is the case, there may be better, more secure ways to do this (please correct me if I am wrong in assuming this though).

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 am
Rookie

Post Re: Two Quick Competition Related Questions
JohnWatson wrote:
By default, the pre_auton function is called at the beginning of task main() only. It is possible to enter the pre_auton function multiple times in a match, however; if either the robot resets itself or if the user manually calls the pre_auton function, the robot will go through the function two (or more) times.

When you say you are breaking yourself out of a loop, what exactly do you mean by that? Would you be able to post your code in question for us to look at? From what I'm seeing, you may be looping in pre_auton and gathering sensor data, then using that data to determine which autonomous function to call? If this is the case, there may be better, more secure ways to do this (please correct me if I am wrong in assuming this though).

I am trying to use either a Sensor or the LCDs physical buttons to select an Autonomous prior to the start of a match. What would be the best way about going about that? I was under the impression that the pre_auton() function would work for it but I was unsure about the exact workings of it.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]