View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Error Message While Attempting to Compile, Download Program 
Rookie

Post Error Message While Attempting to Compile, Download Program
I am new to RobotC, and am attempting to compile and download a program to cause a robot to autonomously drive until it hits something and presses in a bump sensor. When attempting to download the program, I get the error message "Failed to verify the communication link to a VEX Cortex Controller or VEXNET Joystick."

How can I fix this? My program is as follows:

"#pragma config(Sensor, dgtl1, touchsensor, sensorTouch)
#pragma config(Motor, port2, rightMotor, tmotorNormal, openLoop, reversed)
#pragma config(Motor, port3, leftMotor, tmotorNormal, openLoop)
task main()
{
wait1Msec(2000);

while(SensorValue(touchsensor) == 0)
{
motor[rightMotor] = 63;
motor[leftMotor] = 63;
}
}"

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Error Message While Attempting to Compile, Download Prog
It looks like the Cortex may not be set up to work with ROBOTC properly. Take a look through our 'Getting Started with the VEX Cortex' guide on the ROBOTC wiki. It will walk you through the process of setting up a Cortex step-by-step and should allow you to download your programs without any errors. It may seem like a lot of steps to go through, but the guide is quite exhaustive (it covers both wired and VEXNet communication) and should only have to gone through once per Cortex; once your Cortex is set up, the only thing you should have to do is occasionally update the firmware (for instance, if ROBOTC has been updated you may need to install its new firmware version).

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:14 pm
Rookie

I am still having problems after going through the wireless setup. I even changed to a different Cortex and it still won't allow me to download the firmware to the Cortex.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will need some more information in order to help you debug this.

1) What LED colors/blinking combinations appear on the VEXNet Joystick and Cortex? Meaning, 'Game light Cortex: Green solid', 'VEXNet light Joystick: fast blinking yellow'? The more information you can give us on these color combinations, the better.

2) Does the Cortex work when directly connected to the computer via USB? If not, what error messages appear?

3) Have you downloaded the firmware to the Cortex and Joystick Controllers? Both the Cortex and the Joystick Controller have their own separate firmware that must be downloaded before they can be connected and used.

4) Which cables are you using to connect to the Joystick Controller, and what ports are you plugged into? The Joystick Controller should be plugged into the computer via the 'Program' port on the VEXNet controller, not the 'Partner', 'Competition', or 'USB' ports; you should only have to plug the Joystick Controller in via USB when downloading firmware.

5) Any other additional information, such as error messages or popups.

The more information you are able to provide, the better we will be able to assist you.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]