View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:46 pm






Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Vex-net Disconnection Issues 
Author Message
Rookie

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:43 pm
Posts: 1
Post Vex-net Disconnection Issues
We have three Problems/questions revolving around VEX-net disconnection.

1. The first problem we are having occurs during Tele-Op, the robot disconnects from the computer and it waits for a minute and then reconnects. Once it has reconnected the behavior is erratic sometimes the program restarts, sometimes is resumes during the middle. This has been causing damage to our robot. How can we fix stop this from happening?
2. The next question we have is, can Robot C detect when VEX-net disconnects?

3. The final question is, can we reduce the number of disconnects?

Thank for responding,
The Steel Pythons


Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:57 pm
Profile
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:15 pm
Posts: 556
Post Re: Vex-net Disconnection Issues
SteelPythons wrote:
We have three Problems/questions revolving around VEX-net disconnection.

1. The first problem we are having occurs during Tele-Op, the robot disconnects from the computer and it waits for a minute and then reconnects. Once it has reconnected the behavior is erratic sometimes the program restarts, sometimes is resumes during the middle. This has been causing damage to our robot. How can we fix stop this from happening?


This looks like it may be a VEXNet key issue; what is the status of the LED's on the VEXNet Joystick Controller and/or Cortex when this happens? What color are the lights, how fast do the blink, etc? Also, please check out this thread on the VEX Forums (http://www.vexforum.com/showthread.php? ... exnet+keys) as it goes over this particular issue (as well as possible solutions, such as backup batteries and different methods for securing the VEXNet keys) in detail.

Quote:
2. The next question we have is, can Robot C detect when VEX-net disconnects?


Yes. You can poll the bVEXNETActive boolean to see if a VEXNet connection is active and, if it drops (returns a value of 0) react accordingly. Depending on your specific program, this may require a fair amount of coding to implement in your program.

Quote:
3. The final question is, can we reduce the number of disconnects?


I defer this question to the VEX forum post (http://www.vexforum.com/showthread.php? ... exnet+keys) as it has a wealth of information on this subject.

_________________
Check out our Blog! And our Facebook page!
Need help? Take a look at our Wiki and our Forums.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody


Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:22 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.