View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Help with Variables and Functions... 
Rookie

Post Help with Variables and Functions...
I am assigned to build a program to run a VEX elevator. I am running into too many snags in the coding. Can any of you take a look at this code and help me understand where I went wrong? Thank you!

Attachments:
File comment: The program file... sorry for the mess. I suck at coding.
VEX CONTROL FUNCTIONS.c [1.25 KiB]
Downloaded 183 times
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:58 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Help with Variables and Functions...
There are quite a few things that can be improved with the code; rather than go through and point out each one piece by piece, here are a few very key things to focus on (which should help you resolve most of these issues).

You will need to make sure the code is commented and formatted properly. This includes the proper use of detailed comments, putting spaces in between commands, indenting nested control structures (while loops, if/else statements, etc). Specifically, you should take a look at the 'Fundamentals -> Introduction to Programming' section of the ROBOTC for VEX Cortex curriculum (linked below) as it walks through each of these key features step-by-step.

You should also take a look through the documents on Psuedocode, Whitespace, Comments, and ROBOTC Error Messages as they will help you organize and debug this code.

VEX Cortex Video Trainer using ROBOTC: http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/pro ... index.html

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:04 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Help with Variables and Functions...
Thank you so much! I am trying to learn as much as I can to improve my coding skills... Thank you for your time and effort! and I apologize for the mess.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]