View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Ultrasonic Sensor Questions 
Rookie

Post Ultrasonic Sensor Questions
Hi Forums!

Im designing a program for my ROBOTC robot to play the mathematical game of Nim, which can be googled easily to find information on the game. I've got my robot assembled and playing board all ready to go (I will include pictures!) its just that I have a few concerns that I wanted to get cleared up so I can get a better understanding.

1. I've read and read on the ultrasonic sensor but for my playing board design and robot, I'm having trouble visualizing how the sensor remembers/stores the position of the playing piece/object, some of the ideas is having a playing piece acting as a "stop" piece, and the program/robot will count/record the number of stops occured before detecting the "stop" piece. Another idea I had is using colored pieces to act as live pieces and "stop" pieces. If someone could give me feedback on my methods, please do =D

2. Based on my playing board and robot, am I missing any necessary components needed? (Shaft encoders, more buttons, pentionometers?)

3. If Nim is the program im aiming for, during what appropriate time should the robot be doing the calculations, after all pieces are scan or do an entire scan, reverse back to start and then play the game?

Thank you very much everyone!

=D

Attachments:
Robot.png
Robot.png [ 64.34 KiB | Viewed 3644 times ]
PlayingBoard.png
PlayingBoard.png [ 57.29 KiB | Viewed 3644 times ]
Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:38 am

Post Re: Ultrasonic Sensor Questions
Very cool project. Can you give a little more information about how your playing field and robot are set up (how are you manipulating objects, how is the robot sensing its way around the field...ect)? There's lots of ways to go about this, and more information will help choose the best path for your particular scenario. As for the ultrasonic sensor, all it does is give you the distance to an object. It does not store any information about the position. It is up to you to implement that behavior in your program if you want it.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:45 am
Rookie

Post Re: Ultrasonic Sensor Questions
If you mean using multiple US Sensors: http://www.rjmcnamara.com/2012/07/robot ... 4x-sonars/

Sparra Mc

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]