View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
NXT Bin Emptying Robot: Mindsensors SensorMUX 
Rookie

Post NXT Bin Emptying Robot: Mindsensors SensorMUX
This is a LEGO Mindstorms NXT "Bin Emptying Robot: Mark III". It is part of a larger project I have been working on, my "Ball Sorting Factory". A forklift delivers full Bins of balls to be emptied. The Emptied bins are then taken away to the processing facility to be refilled. Like the previous version, it uses a "Ball Repository" to store, mix and reload the Production Line with Balls when the "Ball Sorting Factory" needs them.

The major difference with this version is electronic. It uses a BETA Version of the soon to be released Mindsensors SensorMUX is a multiplexer which allows the connect of 4x NXT sensors to single NXT port. The Mindsensors SensorMUX can connect any sensor designed for Mindstorms NXT, both LEGO and/or third party sensors.

The Mindsensors SensorMUX is requires an external battery source supplying a voltage range between 6 and 8.4 volts to operate. View my article, "Power the Mindsensors SensorMUX from a 9V Battery" for details on a simple power supply derived from a 9v (PP3 battery) for the Mindsensors SensorMUX.

The whole "Ball Sorting Factory" relies on:
  • 3x NXT Programable Bricks
  • 6x NXT Motors
  • 4x Power Functions Motor
  • 3x NXT Touch Switches
  • 4x RCX Touch Switch
  • 1x Mindsensors Multiplexer for NXT Motors (NXTMMX-v2)
  • 1x Mindsensors Touch Sensor Multiplexer for NXT – Connects up-to 3x NXT Touch Sensors to single NXT port.
  • 1x Hitechnics Colour Sensor
  • 1x NXT Colour Sensor
  • 1x NXT Light Sensor
  • 1x LASER Sensor
  • 1x Mindsensors SensorMUX
  • 1x Mindsensors NXTServo Controller
  • 1x RC Type Servo Motor

For full details on the Bin Emptying Robot – Mark III, please visit my blog to view the article: LEGO Mindstorms NXT Bin Emptying Robot – Mark III

For full details on the Ball sorting factory Project, including CAD Instructions and RobotC Code please visit my blog to view the following articles:

Sparra Mc

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]