View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
AP Robot Project PLEASE READ 
Rookie

Post AP Robot Project PLEASE READ
For my school project AP Robotics have to enter a team of 5 in a tournament. Are robot has to detect an object that is hidden and no one can see. It has to be a solid object. We were thinking of making a robot with magnetic sensors to detect magnets. The robot has to be able to move on its own and retrieve the object and take it to a certain spot.

HELP: What robot parts should I buy and how will it work. Would appreciate if you have a Blue Print of the robot or an example of someone who already did it before.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: AP Robot Project PLEASE READ
Without knowing more specifics on the project, it will be hard to suggest any parts or sensors that you should look into. It sounds like part of this project, too, is to do the research for the actual construction of the robot; in this case, the help we'll be able to provide is limited as we are unable to do the research for you.

Some general tips I can give though; prioritize your goal (find the object) and make sure that your robot design, sensors, and programming all support that goal. Find out any specific parameters of the challenge (size of the object, the composition of the object, where the robot will start its program in relation to the object, what the robot is supposed to do once the object is found, how long the robot has to complete its task, etc) and make sure to adhere to them while brainstorming designs. Finally, make sure to test one part of your design/programming at a time and work on the robot piece by piece, ensuring each segment is completed before moving on to the next. This will help reduce errors to a minimum and will help keep you from encountering any last minute, catastrophic failures of the robot.

Good luck with this project, and let us know how it turns out!

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]