View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
No reading from HiTechnic Gyro 
Rookie

Post No reading from HiTechnic Gyro
Hello all,

I'm currently testing some stuff with the Gyro sensor in regards to being able to differentiate between the robot's starting position, and it's future positions. I haven't written any code other than a few small joystick control commands, but first I want to check to make sure the gyro is working right before I program anything for it. The Gyro is all set up in the Sensors tab, but for some reason, when I launch the debugger, the value for the Gyro is locked at 692. It occasionally switches to 691, but I cannot get it to change for the life of me.

I've tried all the other ports on the NXT in an attempt to troubleshoot the solution, but as soon as the gyro sensor is plugged in, the value changes to 692 and is locked there. The sensor was working right yesterday, but I'm not sure if something could have changed between now and then. Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 am
Guru

Post Re: No reading from HiTechnic Gyro
I couldn't get the "HiTechnic Gyro" sensor type to work either. I don't know what that sensor type would do but apparently Xander's driver is setting the sensor type to "Analog Inactive" and that works. However, it only gives you the turn rate, so if you are trying to keep track of the heading of the robot, you need to integrate the turn rate against time to get your heading. If you have downloaded Xander's driver, look at the gyro sample code.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]