View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Driver for POB-EYE --Camera for NXT with pattern recognition 
Rookie

Post Driver for POB-EYE --Camera for NXT with pattern recognition
I have just purchased the POB-EYE and Dual POB from POB technology -

http://www.pob-technology.com

This camera is capable of pattern recognition and in conjunction with the Dual POB has support for, 18 standard servomotors and up to 255 servomotors using Robotis Servomotors, 2 PWM DC motors, 8 analogue inputs, 14 digital I/O, connectors for I2C Bus, mini USB, POB-EYE camera Bus, AND an NXT connector.
I purchased the "Dual Pack" this seems to be the most cost effective way to buy, this pack includes:
    POB-eye camera
    Dual POB
    Dual I/O
    LCD Display
    Battery holder for power supply
    All Cables
    Software

The Dual POB itself can be programmed with either "RISBEE", a graphical software tool, or it can be programmed in "C" or "C++".

The POB Servomotor Cage contains a Standard Futaba S3003 servo with a cage especially created for LEGO users, this cage has standard LEGO "hole" configuration to allow easy mounting of the servomotor into a model and each cage can be mounted to another cage.

Currently POB only have developed blocks for NXT-G programming however they have told me that they might produce RobotC drivers "sometime" in the future.

As a result I am going to develop a set of drivers for the Dual-POB for RobotC.

1. Has anyone already started on a set of drivers or have any thoughts or requests?
    2. I am going to get it all running at a basic level, to start with using the NXT-G, to make sure it all works. ( To check for any faulty components).
    3. Any thoughts or input along the way will be greatly appreciated.

The people at POB Technology have been great to deal with and are happy to help whenever they can, I would recommend them to anyone.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:49 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Driver for POB-EYE --Camera for NXT with pattern recogni
Hello Astro,
I see that you own a DUAL POB and POB Eye.. I am looking for them but they are not available for sale anywhere.
Any chance you planning to sell yours ?
Please let me know
bacherak

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]