View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
NXTServo-V2 and DGPS Problem 
Rookie

Post NXTServo-V2 and DGPS Problem
Dear all,

I have been having a bit of a problem for a while now and still haven't figured out how to fix it! I am using RobotC 3.59. I am trying to control a DC motor with the NXT. I am using the NXTServo-V2 and the motor is connected to an ESC (Electronic Speed Control) which is connected to one of the channels in the NXTServo. I am able to control the motor quite fine, but here is the twist: when I connect the DGPS ( dexter industries) to any of the sensor ports, the motors starts to go crazy! As soon as I plug the GPS in, the motor stops working, it is like the GPS is consuming all the power going to the NXTServo. The weird thing is that the code I am running does not have anything related to the gps, I constructed this code just to test the behavior of the motor.

The main code I am working on involves the DGPS and the NXTServo together, and I have the exact problem. Also, I have noticed that if the GPS loses signal the motor starts to go crazy by spinning faster or slower or even backwards sometimes knowing that I am only giving a command to the NXTServo to hold the motor at a constant speed.
I really appreciate any ideas you guys might have, I've been struggling with this issue for a long time now and I am starting to get frustrated.
Just to note, I have loaded NXT-G on the same NXT and put together a similar code and everything works just fine! Any ideas why the whole set-up isn't working with Robotc but is working with NXT-G?!
Thank you!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:07 am

Post Re: NXTServo-V2 and DGPS Problem
I think you need to figure out the power usage of both these sensors and see how it adds up. This really looks to me like an electronic issue.

= Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]