View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
No filename to use to start program 
Rookie

Post No filename to use to start program
Having a problem with downloads.
F5 hooks up on bluetooth (or USB), with the usual displays and beeps, but seems to go a little bit faster than usual to the Program Debug window (maybe not).
When we hit Start, we get the error:
No filename to use to start program

Pressing OK brings up another messagebox:
Failed to start program. Try redownloading

on the NXT File Management Utility, indeed the file is not there.

We have been using this same project for several weeks, so I don't think there is a file name problem etc.

I see there was an earlier thread on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1015

and the ultimate suggestion was to re-download the firmware.

We redownloaded it, to no avail.

We have rebooted everything, redownloaded firmware, taken the batteries out a couple times, shaken the dead chicken over it, hit F5 countless times.
zip.

Some other programs we are working on download and run just fine.

suggestions?
(running 1.46)

Related question, since it sort of feels like something thinks the program needs downloaded, and F5 doesn't do it, I would be willing to try to download it using the Nxt File Management Utility, but I don't see a place on the PC where RobotC puts the .rxe file.
I tried checking the box in the Preferences labeled "Create executable on PC", but still don't see any .rxe files.

[EDIT UPDATE: 25 Jan 2008]
Ok. I give. I'll answer my own post.
This is an out of memory problem.
Using smaller/fewer sound files, cleaning old .rxe files off, etc., got it to work.

In addition to the not very helpful error message, I think there is something else subtle about this because when we first suspected that perhaps the program had grown too big, we deleted the recently added parts, and it didn't help. It might all be caused by the new program, although smaller, being a different name, so some of the files associated with the old program were still downloaded, yada yada. not sure. In any case, a thorough housecleaning improved the disposition.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]