View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Problem with new joystick driver 
Rookie

Post Problem with new joystick driver
For some reason, the new joystick driver has some issues. We followed the online tutorial and installed the new one, but the new joystick driver causes connection issues with our NXT. We cannot connect via bluetooth with it at all, and downloading with a USB can be buggy as well. I know the problem is joystick driver related because we used the exact same code (just out of the template) but we used the old joystick driver (which we renamed) and the robot preformed just fine. This means that we cannot run the FMS at all, and we cannot test the new templates as we can only run the FMS when connected via bluetooth.

I have yet to redownload the joystick driver file and reinstall it. I plan on trying this first thing tomorrow, but as we are on a serious time crunch and have a very long build session planned for tomorrow, I was wondering what else I could try.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Problem with new joystick driver
Send your code to support@robotc.net, I'll take a look at it ASAP.

Have you made sure that you have 1.46, have the new joystick driver and are using only the templates? The new joystick driver may not work with old code.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I tried to reply to your e-mail address, but it bounced back.

--------------------

You must have the following two statements at the beginning of your task main() with the new template or it will not work:

initializeRobot();
waitForStart(); // wait for start of tele-op phase

These are not in your program, and probably why your code is not working.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:57 pm
Rookie

It would appear that the programmer who sent the email managed to send the wrong file of eight that have nearly exactly the same names. Our naming system has been simplified, once again, and unnecessary files removed. We are sending the correct file. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 pm
Rookie

My team seems to be having the same issues with our bluetooth connection. We can sporadically connect via robotC and a little more reliably using the fms. This seems to have begun when we updated the joystick/control driver. Our bluetooth dongle and nxt seem strong, as they see all of our phones;)

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]