View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Joysticks to Work with Samantha 
Rookie

Post Joysticks to Work with Samantha
I'm having trouble communicating the joystick to the Samantha. 1) I can ping the Samantha. 2) I can clearly read the NXT in the Samantha Field Control System. 3)I can read the samostat program on the NXT 4)I can go to the IP address of the Samantha. I am assuming I need a debugger open in RobotC. However, I can't get the NXT to communicate with RobotC. It keeps saying "WIFI(...our NXT Module) cannot communicate with the NXT. Check NXT is Power On."

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 pm
Novice

Post Re: Joysticks to Work with Samantha
You don't need to have the RobotC debugger open at all when running programs from the FCS. When you start a match, does the teleop program automatically begin at the correct time? When you compile and download the program to the NXT from RobotC, make sure that, in the "Joystick Control - Competition" debugger window, you select the name of your teleop program from the drop-down menu.

Also, make sure the joystick you're using is set up properly through the FCS.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:46 am
Rookie

It's working now. Thank you! Is there any way to download programs to the NXT wireless?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 am
Novice

I'm not sure how to download programs wirelessly. I think you can use Bluetooth to connect to the NXT through RobotC, but my computer is not equipped with BT (and I haven't needed to buy a dongle) so I haven't personally tried it out. Perhaps other users have more experience with this.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Once the Samantha Module is set up on the network properly, there are two things you will need to check in order to have ROBOTC recognize it through the wireless network. First, navigate to the 'View -> Preferences' menu in ROBOTC and make sure the 'Enable Wireless Searching for the NXT' option is selected. Next, navigate to the 'Robot-> NXT Brick-> Communication Link Setup' window and change the 'Search Selection' to 'USB or Wifi', then click 'Repeat Search'. As long as everything in the network is setup correctly, you should be able to click on the NXT brick and 'Select via Wifi'. When the NXT is connected you will be able to download programs to and debug programs from the NXT using the Samantha Module.

A full set-up walkthrough is available on our wiki, here.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]