View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Do school filters or the like affect the Samantha Module? 
Rookie

Post Do school filters or the like affect the Samantha Module?
Hey all. I asked about some issues that I was having with the Samantha module a few weeks ago - though it appears that that post got deleted in the data loss.

Anyway, we moved the robot to a team's house and got it working there fine - went perfectly on the first try, doing nothing differently (that we were aware of). That was yesterday. Today, back in school, we did exactly the same thing, and it doesn't work. The firmware installs fine, and when I plug the NXT in, I get a solid red light, blinking white light, and solid blue light - the signal for a confirmed connection. Samostat also confirms a connection to the Guest network at our school.

However, when I try to use the Samantha Field Control Center, or when I type the IP into a web browser to view the status screen, nothing happens. Google Chrome cannot display the webpage for the status, SFCC doesn't recognize any robots.

So my question is, would a school filter affect the Samantha Module? My school uses Lightspeed systems, and while it's not especially restrictive (I can go on these forums :P), it does block a significant number of things (for instance, it blocked Gmail before they removed that from the filter manually). Would an unsigned IP address be blocked by the school filter? Should we contact the tech department and see if we can get them to allow our NXT's IP?

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:29 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Do school filters or the like affect the Samantha Module
I would talk to the school, if an unsigned IP was trying to communicate with the schools system it might run into problems, it might believe it's a device trying to mess with the school, and the problem obviously is not on your side since you have gotten this to work before on another network.

Code:
<Life>
   Fun
</Life>

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Post Re: Do school filters or the like affect the Samantha Module
Sorry for the delayed reply - We talked to the tech department, they had no suggestions, they didn't know of anything that might be causing issues.

So for now, I guess we'll bring in a router, if we can find one.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]