View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Firmware dowload crashes NXT 
Rookie

Post Firmware dowload crashes NXT
using the RobotC that downloaded via the robotics academy site along with new kits, I had issues upgrading the firmware. I had the NXT connected via USB, and when i went through the proper steps of upgrading the firmware, the NXT attempts to reboot, however it never comes back on. It seems as if it is stuck in a boot loop. I have not had this problem with the version of robot C that came with my kit, just with the one that was downloaded from the Robot Academy Website.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:52 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Firmware dowload crashes NXT
I had this problem before, and I had to reset the NXT to fix, which i did by just taking out the batteries and pressing the very small reset button on the NXT, and then put the battery and re-downloaded the firmware, and it worked perfectly. Make sure not to take the USB out until the NXT is actually on.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 pm
Creator
Creator

If the battery charge is marginal, downloading firmware can fail because the voltage is not "strong" enough for writing to the flash memory to succeed. So replacing (or charging) batteries can often solve rebooting problems.

If the reboot fails in the middle, you may have to use the "magic" button to force the NXT back into original boot mode.

To isolate this to a NXT, battery or ROBOTC issue you can try downloading the standard NXT-G firmware. If this properly downloads and reboots and ROBOTC firmware does not then it would seem like a ROBOTC issue.

If you're still having troubles, please report again. Or send me a direct email at dickswan@sbcglobal.net to see if there is a way to help out.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:47 pm
Expert

It did that once with me when I downloaded RobotC version 1.44. It doesn't do that anymore.

FTC Team #2959 Team Smash Bros CLICK HERE.(or click www)
Quote:
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.

Agreed

Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]