View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
FTC Robotics NXT Keeps 
Rookie

Post FTC Robotics NXT Keeps
FTC Robotics NXT Keeps Disconnecting? So i'm the programmer for my team and we've been having this terrible problem where our nxt randomly disconnects during the teleop program. originally, this meant that the motors kept on going and the robot would hit into the wall, so i made a block in the program so that it would cut out of the main loop if that were the case. (i did this by using the variable bDisconnected). However, even when we changed the power wiring to parallel for every motor controller, switched nxt's, switched the samantha, made the pins on the battery connector more narrow, and changed the usb cable, this problem still happens occasionally. Is there any other reason this problem would occur? I also tried putting the main battery on the first motor controller on port 1 of the nxt (before i rewired it in parallel) to no avail. at this point i've tried everything i can think of and now im out of ideas. please help! thanks.

Last edited by niklezz on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:22 am
Professor

Post Re: FTC Robotics NXT Keeps
Welcome to the world of FTC! There really is no way to completely prevent communications droupouts from happening. It sounds like you've been doing a lot to minimize them, though. One other thing I would recommend is to mount your motor and servo controllers on an insulator - my team uses Lexan. Another recommendation I would make is to not exit your main loop when the robot loses connection. Just suspend action and wait for communications to come back. Sometimes communications just drop out for a couple of seconds and them come right back. At other times they'll just go away and never come back - you never know. So, it's best to assume when programming that they could come back.

Oh yeah, one more recommendation: make sure the room you're practicing in doesn't have a lot of wifi traffic flying around - this can wreak havoc on your communications. :?

Check out our team website at http://bluechariotsoffire.com/.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]