View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
VEX Sack Attack 2012-2013 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post VEX Sack Attack 2012-2013
Hey guys and gals!

So is anyone competing in this year's VEX competition? Any thoughts, ideas, or observations you'd want to talk about? For instance, what kind of bot do you see dominating this year? Wall bots, scorers, descorers, gripper/claws, etc? Foreseeing any problems with getting stuck on sack stacks? How about the end-game rules; do you think it'd be better to go for a last-second scoring run or take the guaranteed 5 points for parking?

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Post Re: VEX Sack Attack 2012-2013
Ohh, fun topic. I love the game (the name could have been better for publicity reasons), and the robots are fun to build. I'm sure we'll be seeing a much more diverse set of bots than we saw in Gateway. I'm sure that wall bots are going to be big this year, especially in college. However, Rule <G11>a:
Quote:
a. Robots which have expanded horizontally in an effort to obstruct the field will undergo even more scrutiny under <G11>, and will not be protected under <G11>. e.g. If you choose to undertake this type of strategy, your robot should be built to withstand vigorous interaction.
i. Furthermore, teams that undertake this type of obstructive strategy would not be protected by <SG3>. e.g. There is no penalty for pinning a “wall-bot”

will definitely present a challenge.

Actually, parking does not guarantee points:
Quote:
The Alliance with the most Robots Parked at the end of the match receives ten (10) points. If each Alliance has the same amount of Robots Parked, no points are awarded.

I personally wouldn't go for parking at all, but opt for a descoring run.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]