View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
line follower swervebot problems 
Rookie

Post line follower swervebot problems
I believe the swervebot (not virtual world swervebot) has problems with 2 of the 3 line followers. In the debugger, I see the center sensor increasing constantly (into the tens of thousands), while the right sensor remains at 0 constantly. The left sensor is the only one reading accurately as far as I can tell. Perhaps I am only supposed to use the "virtual world" swervebot in the virtual world? That one only has one line follower. I just wanted to get clarification, as well as find out if the virtual world swervebot will eventually have all 3 line followers active. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:56 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: line follower swervebot problems
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. If you can clarify a few things, I'll be able to offer up better suggestions.

Are you trying to run code written for the virtual robot on a real robot, and vice versa? If so, I'd recommend against that - we've kept the code between real and virtual as similar as possible, but there are still some differences, particularly with how real sensors vs. virtual sensors are set up.

For real robots, I would recommend starting with the sample program found by going to File > Open Sample Program > Line Follower > Triple Sensor Line Tracking.c

For virtual robots, I would recommend starting with the sample program found by going to File > Open Sample Program > Virtual Worlds > Line Follower > Line Track for Distance.c

If you're still experiencing issues on the real robot, I'd recommend testing each sensor individually. Using the Triple Sensor Line Tracking.c program, keep just one sensor plugged in at a time and watch the sensor values to see if they seem normal. I've seen a very small number of "leaky" sensors, that manage to bleed voltage into the ports neighboring it. This can usually be corrected by spacing out the sensors by a port or two, but you may also want to consider contacting VEX Robotics for additional troubleshooting and/or a replacement sensor.

FYI, for "real" robot problems, the ROBOTC for Cortex and PIC board is a better place to post: viewforum.php?f=11

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 am
Rookie

Post Re: line follower swervebot problems
You're correct in that the RVW Swervebot only has a single light sensor.

We do have plans to add additional sensors to the robots in RVW, including matching the sensor loadout in the "real" Swervebot.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]