View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
ROBOTC on Virtual Worlds for Vex 
Rookie

Post ROBOTC on Virtual Worlds for Vex
So, I seem to be having a problem with Virtual Worlds.

I believe I've set everything up correctly, however, when I go to run my program I click Robot > Compile and Download. It opens in Virtual Worlds fine. I choose Classic Table challenge/activity, but all that happens is my robot spins in circles.

I figured it might be my code, so I opened the Sample Program called "Moving Forward.c", I compiled and downloaded it as well, but the same effect happened (spun in circles).

What am I setting up wrong? I think it might have to do with choosing the robot model, but I don't know how to do that.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:24 pm
Rookie

Post Re: ROBOTC on Virtual Worlds for Vex
Which version of RVW are you using? You might try downloading the latest version on the website, which fixes a bug where one of the motors on the VEX wasn't facing the right direction.

That means when you run the example to make both motors go "forwards", one of them is actually going "backwards"! That makes your robot spin instead of go straight.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Go to "motors and sensors setup" and check to see if one of the motors has its polarity reversed.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:01 pm
Rookie

Look at the pragma statements at the top of the sample program. You'll see that one of the motors is supposed to have been installed upside down, thereby needing to be run in reverse to drive forward. The Virtual Worlds robots have been built so that neither motor was flipped (maybe both face downward into bevel gears?).

Remove the ",reverse" .

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]