View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Operation Reset 

Post Operation Reset
I've used the Beta version of Operation Reset with my class this week, and I've been very pleased with the results. The students love the fact that it is so familiar to the video games that they play. They are excited at the beginning of class to attempt to solve their assigned mission. Also, with the virtual worlds, more students are programming individually. Therefore, as a teacher, you're able to make sure that you are teaching to mastery. Oftentimes in the past, I'd have two or three students working with one kit, and I've assumed that all of them knew the topic that we were covering. With Operation Reset, if I am teaching my students line following, I can see each student individually write the code for line following.

Another great thing about Operation Reset is that it provided me the opportunity to differentiate instruction for each of my students. In one class this week, I had a few students writing functions, a few others using motor encoder commands for movements, and finally I had one students (that just joined the class) learning the basics of Robot C.

The graphics in Operation Reset are great, and the missions that are included are challenging while still being a lot of fun. I've been very happy with what I have used this week.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Operation Reset
Thanks for the feedback! For others viewing out there, check out the Operation Game at the new robotvirtualworlds.com website: http://www.robotvirtualworlds.com/

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Post Re: Operation Reset
Another cool feature of RVW is the debugging capabilities. If I want to use the sonar sensor, or if I want to check motor encoder values, I can see those values while my virtual robot is running. I've always had problems in the past using a Bluetooth, so this has been a cool feature.

Also, I am able to highlight the execution of my program while my virtual robot is running. I've used this to teach while loops to my students. They are able to see the robot constantly checking the condition of the while loop while the virtual robot is running. When the condition is no longer true, the can see the virtual robot is no longer in the loop.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]