View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Licensing issue after installing FTC Mentor training RVW 
Rookie

Post Licensing issue after installing FTC Mentor training RVW
So, I have worked through the online training that was made available to Mentors and Coaches for FTC.

I installed the Virtual Worlds license that came with the training, which expired on Dec 31, 2012.

I have purchased a full license for RVW. However, I can't figure out how to install it.

If I go into manage licenses, I am never allowed to enter a new license for RVW for Mindstorms. It automatically fills in C2SN Research as the License and password. I have tried uninstalling, no love.

Any idea how I can get that artifact out so that I can install my proper license and actually be able to use RVW?

(sorry if this is the wrong forum).

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Licensing issue after installing FTC Mentor training RVW
The license that was good until December 31st was implemented as a "building license" - a physical file that gets placed in the ROBOTC Program Files directory. Deleting that file should solve the issue.

First open My Computer and go to your C drive. Then go to "Program Files (x86)", "Robomatter Inc", "ROBOTC Development Environment" and find the license file "RCMS_RVW_License.lf". Delete it and restart ROBOTC.

From there, you should be able to enter you license in the Manage Licenses window in ROBOTC.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Licensing issue after installing FTC Mentor training RVW
YEA!
Thank you!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]