View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
touch sensor in virtual world 
Rookie

Post touch sensor in virtual world
I am new to virtual worlds and have a question. Is it possible to interact with certain sensors? For example I am builidng a line following program but I want it to start when I push the bump sensor switch and to stop when I push it again. In the virtual world, is it possible to simulate me pushing the sensor? I imagine this question also goes with light sensors etc. Is it possible to maually interact with the sensors?

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:16 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: touch sensor in virtual world
Hi Jerry,
This is not currently possible. However, you can use the either the NXT's buttons or the buttons on the VEX LCD screen attachment (depending on which platform you're using) for this purpose.

After you Compile and Download your program, select Robot>>Debugger Windows>> and then either NXT Remote Screen or VEX Remote Screen.

See here for documentation on how to use the NXT buttons in your code: http://www.robotc.net/support/nxt/MindstormsWebHelp/index.htm#page=nxt_functions/buttons/Buttons.htm

See here for documentation on how to use the VEX buttons in your code: http://www.robotc.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3452

Alternately, if you have a USB joystick or gamepad, you could use a joystick button to do the same thing.

Best,
--Ryan

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]