View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
RobotC VW crashes as soon as I select "Compile and Download" 
Rookie

Post RobotC VW crashes as soon as I select "Compile and Download"
I followed the instructions in the tutorial videos to get VW set up. Then I followed the tutorial to try it out, and VW crashes as soon as I select "Compile and Download". I am using one of the sample programs as instructed by the tutorial.

Can anyone help?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: RobotC VW crashes as soon as I select "Compile and Downl
Would you be able to send your computer specs (including CPU, RAM, Graphics chip, and operating system), the version of Robot Virtual Worlds you are running (this can be found under the 'Help -> About ROBOTC' menu option), and a screenshot of any error messages that appear to jwatson@robotc.net? This will help us debug where the issue may lie.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm
Rookie

It says RobotC v3.54 but I'm not sure where to view the version of VW. I installed the "Ring It Up' map for the FTC tournament.

I am running a Dell Laptop with a dual core i7-2620M CPU @2.7Ghz, 8G RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000. Screenshot wouldn't really help as I just get the "This program has crashed... Trying to look for a solution on the internet..." which of course never finds anything. Is there maybe a crash log or something that gets generated that I could send you?

- Roy

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Roy,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Depending on your computer's permissions, yes, there is a crash log that you could send that could help...

This varies a bit from computer to computer, but all of the virtual worlds are installed in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW

When one of the games crashes, it generates a "Crash Log" folder, as long as your account has admin privileges. If you could zip those files and e-mail them to support@robotc.net I'd be happy to take a look.

I would also recommend redownloading the latest version of the level pack, and reinstalling it, just in case the problem was with your initial download or installation.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]