View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Beginner Question - untilEncoderCounts & Palm Island 
Rookie

Post Beginner Question - untilEncoderCounts & Palm Island
My son is in a high school robotics class that uses Vex & RobotC. I have purchased the bundled RobotC for Vex and the RobotVirtualWorld. We have downloaded the Palm Island level and are trying to get Mission 2 - Moving Forward and Turning to work. However, all that we can accomplish is to make the robot move forward and run off the edge.

In playing with different things I have been able to determine that the untilEncoderCounts statement is not working properly, but I don't know why. I have the Mammalbot selected as the robot in the RVW application. I have tried selecting different motor types in the "Motors and Sensors" setup page but none seem to respond any better than the others. I have set the "Encoder port" settings as specified in the code comments. I have tried using the single and Quad encoders on the "VEX Cortex Digital Sensors" tab, again with no effect. I have changed the rotation values in the untilEncoderCounts from the original of 1440 down to as low as 20 but it doesn't matter as the bot still runs off the edge. It is currently at 180.

So I am at a loss as to what to try next in order to move forward.

I have attached the file as it currently stands which has been edited from the original file via the #pragma statements and the rotation setting for the untilEncoderCounts statement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
File comment: Modified version of Palm Island Mission 2 file
Mission 2 - Moving Forward and Turning.c [2.45 KiB]
Downloaded 10 times
Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Beginner Question - untilEncoderCounts & Palm Island
txblackbird,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Can you please provide me with the Version of ROBOTC and the version of Palm Island that you are using? This will help me recreate the issue in more detail.

Thanks, Lee

Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Beginner Question - untilEncoderCounts & Palm Island
ROBOTC 4.26 (F/W 10.26)
Build Date Aug 29 2014

Palm Island Version 2.5.5

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]