View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Help with setting up my virtual environment..! 
Rookie

Post Help with setting up my virtual environment..!
Hello,

I am new to robot programming and ROBOTC LegoMindStorm nxt Virtual world. I did follow the licence management and now have a compiler target as a virtual world but when I go to windoe and select "select virtual world to use" I only find "curriculum Companion Tables 3.0" which is abit difficult since it has to do with competition. I tried to install the "Robotic Virtual Worlds - MindStorms 3.x" into my "Download more packages" but it won't work for one obvious reason, it has been downloaded into my desktop as an Icon. Now, I need another simpler package than the "Curriculum Companion Tables 3.0" found there. I am specifically looking for the "Learning RobotC table review" I can't find it anywhere.

Please help.

Thanks

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Help with setting up my virtual environment..!
Hi helpdesk,
Curriculum Companion Tables is the new name for the Learning RobotC Tables. The Curriculum Companion Tables aren't related to any competition.

If you want to try them out at some point, you can download the competition tables or some of our fantasy virtual worlds at http://www.robotvirtualworlds.com/

Best,
--Ryan

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:39 pm
Rookie

helpdesk wrote:
Hello,

I too am new to robot programming and ROBOTC LegoMindStorm nxt Virtual world. I did follow the licence management and now have a compiler target as a virtual world but when I go to window and select "select virtual world to use" I only find "curriculum Companion Tables 3.0". I install the "Robotic Virtual Worlds - MindStorms 3.6 as well as the Black Party level pack but it does not show up in the "select virtual world to use" menu.

I am using Windows 7 on an x86 platform.

This is my first time registered on this forum and I could not find any other reference to this problem.

Please help!

Thanks

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

If the Block Party Virtual World has been installed correctly and the Virtual Worlds license has been activated properly, then the issue may be with what 'Platform Type' ROBOTC is set to. The Block Party Virtual World can only be used when you have the TETRIX/MATRIX option enabled.

To check for this, please navigate to the 'Robot -> Platform Type' menu option and select the 'LEGO Mindstorms -> NXT + TETRIX/MATRIX' option. This should allow you to select the Block Party Virtual World from the 'Menu -> Select Virtual World to Use' menu option.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]