There are a few steps you should take to make sure that RobotC is set up to do what you want to do.
1. "First, you will need to activate your license. Navigate to the 'Help -> Manage Licenses' menu option, click on the 'Add License' option, select the correct
ROBOTC Virtual Worlds program from the drop-down list, type in your License ID and Password, and click the 'Activate Online' button. Step by step
instructions on how to do so can be found here: http://www.robotc.net/wiki/Tutorials/Ge ... ate_Online
2. While you are in the Windows Tab click on the >Select Virtual World option and see what has been downloaded and ready to use.
You should have the option to >Download More Packages. If you select this option you should be directed to the RobotC download area where all of the
packages are available. Select and download the packages you decide you would like to use.
3. Install the packages you selected
4. REBOOT the machine so that the changes will take effect.
5. Pick the Robots option ->Compiler Target->Virtual Worlds
6. You should now have choices in the Windows>SelectVirtual World
These steps should help you solve the problems you listed, if they do not please post exactly where things did not work so we can focus on determining where the issue lies.