View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Firefly Bot 1 RVW programming help? 
Rookie

Post Firefly Bot 1 RVW programming help?
Hi, I'm new. my code isn't working properly the bot just runs around the light but doesn't stop, and it's supposed to stop when it gets close to the light (I'm not sure how close so I just picked 100 for the light value). Maybe if you look at my code you can see where I'm going wrong. I was thinking that if the loop was "do until SensorValue(S3)=100" then it might work but I don't think there is a "do until" so that's why I used "while". Or maybe I'm completely off track. Any advice greatly appreciated. I'm stumped. :D :?:
Code:
task main()
{
while(SensorValue(S3)<100)
{
   forward(50);
   untilTouch(S1);
   pointTurn(left,50);
   untilRelease(S1);
   wait(.5);

}
stop();
}

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:51 am
Professor

Post Re: Firefly Bot 1 RVW programming help?
Well, the maximum value that you can get from a light sensor is 100. So, your code keeps repeating until the light sensor reports its max value, which very rarely happens. I would recommend experimenting with lower and lower values until you find one that works.

Check out our team website at http://bluechariotsoffire.com/.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:15 am
Rookie

thanks. I changed it but I think my code is probably all wrong. I took out the line untilRelease because i didn't really need it and I changed the light value but it only stops when it touches the light. Back to the drawing board.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:25 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Noobot, please let me know if I am understanding your problem correctly. Your robot will not stop until it touches the light, even if the sensor value is greater than your threshold before touching it reaches the light. If this is the case, there is nothing wrong with your code. When you use a while loop, the condition is only checked after it completes all other tasks inside the while loop.

With the code you are using, it is waiting until touch, turns, waits until release, and then waits for .5. It will only recheck the condition after these tasks are completed.

Please let me know if I am understanding the problem correctly, or if you have any other questions.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 am
Rookie

yep you understand :)
ok sorry I've edited this post a few times now. I think I have it now. it seems to work but it's not saying challenge complete yet.

Code:
task main()
{

while(SensorValue(S3) < 60)
   {
   while(SensorValue(S1)!=1)
   {forward(50);
   wait1Msec(1);
   if (SensorValue(S3)>=60){break;}
   stop();

}
   if (SensorValue(S3)>=60){break;}
   pointTurn(left,40);
   wait(1);
}
stop();

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are no achievements for this activity, so you will not see a completed challenge banner, even though you have completed the task.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:33 pm
Rookie

lol, thanks Icarozza for all your help :bigthumb: . I just wanted to mention that the activity before Firefly Bot 1 is Line Runner 1 it has no achievements but does say completed when you finish. So hopefully my question looks slightly less dumb now :D or maybe not :wink:

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]