View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Arduino Uno device cannot start 
Rookie

Post Arduino Uno device cannot start
Hello,

I have Windows 7, 64 bit, When I plug my arduino Uno R3 compatible into USB port, Windows configures as USB Serial Port. I have tried to update the driver and select the Arduino Uno R3 driver and Windows keeps on indicating that USB Serial is the best driver. So I force the selection by indicating that I have a disk with the driver. I select the Arduino driver and Windows attempts to Install the driver and I get an error message: The device cannot start (Code 10)

I have tried to Download firmware but I get error: No communications available:.

I do not have the Arduino IDE installed on the workstation.

Thanks

Joe

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Arduino Uno device cannot start
You may want to take a look at our driver installation guide on our wiki: http://www.robotc.net/wiki/ARDUINO_Installing_Drivers

It will walk you through, step-by-step, exactly how to install drivers for the Arduino boards. If those steps do not work, you may need to manually remove the driver (through the windows Device Manager, by navigating to the correct COM port, right clicking on it, and selecting 'Uninstall'. You may also need to check the 'Delete the driver software for this device' checkbox. Then, go through the setup guide steps again to see if a fresh install works.

Double check, too, that you are selecting the correct folder where the drivers are located; you want the 'Drivers/Arduino' folder inside of the ROBOTC directory to be selected, NOT the 'FTDI USB Drivers' folder. Typically, the correct file path is 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Robomatter Inc/ROBOTC Development Environment/Drivers/Arduino', but this may differ depending on your individual computer's setup.

Also, make sure you have administrator privileges and there isn't anything preventing ROBOT from installing drivers on the computer, as this will typically block the Arduino driver installation. If you are installing the drivers and you get a warning message from Windows saying 'Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software', it generally means you have found the correct driver.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble with this after following the above steps.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 am
Rookie

Post Re: Arduino Uno device cannot start
Thanks John for the feedback.

I am using an OSEPP Uno clone, After checking with the OSEPP folks turns out that burning a "Duemilanove" bootloader to the R3 fixed the problem. I can now communicate to the R3 using Robotc

Thanks

Joe

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]