View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Is Buying RobotC For Ardiuino Worth It? 
Rookie

Post Is Buying RobotC For Ardiuino Worth It?
Hello....I am considering buying RobotC for Arduino for my classes next year. I already have Arduino activities integrated into my curriculum and already have the IDE and several programming lessons incoprporated. I would like someone to tell me the what advantages they have found working with RobotC for Arduino has over the free C programming environment or IDE for Arduino. In other words, why should I spend the money when I already do it for free? Thank you for your time and opinions.

Furthermore, my real aim here is to eventually purchase one of the Robot Virtual Worlds...either NXT or VEX. Which one would tie in best with RobotC for Arduino or would they both work well.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:11 am

Location: The plateau north of the Ohio River Valley, also known as Cave Country.
Post Re: Is Buying RobotC For Ardiuino Worth It?
I can at least answer some of your questions:

I don't have ROBOTC for Arduino, but I have it for NXT. The NXT compiler is the fastest I have seen in any programming language. If the Arduino is as fast, that's a definite plus, as the free compiler is painfully slow.

ROBOTC is pretty close to C syntax. The C family is in my opinion one of the best language families.

As for RVW, I don't think cross-platform like that would be very helpful.

Also, try not to spread the conversation across multiple threads. Normally, it just confuses people. Thanks, and I hope I helped.

-A

Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]