View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Help! RobotC Licensing Issue! 
Novice

Post Help! RobotC Licensing Issue!
Hello,

I'm one of the programmers for my school's FTC team. We're a fairly small team, so we bought the package of six licenses, expecting not to use all of them. I activated one of the keys on my laptop (all students are issued computers by the school). About a week and a half ago, I spilled water on the keyboard. The school provides a warranty ensuring that a student's machine can be repaired, free of charge, for the duration of his stay in high school, so my computer was sent off and the motherboard replaced. Since the spill, I hadn't tried opening RobotC until this afternoon, when it threw the following error message at me:

Quote:
You are currently in a restricted mode of ROBOTC. This is because you have no active licenses or any previously active licenses have expired.

You can activate a ROBOTC license by going to the 'Help -> Manage Licenses' menu.

Note: You will not be able to compile or download code in the restricted mode."

I checked the "Manage Licenses" menu, and RobotC claimed my license has expired. Not only that, it identified the license as "Trial Mode," instead of the 1-year deal we had purchased.

This is rather frustrating, since our state competition is this Saturday. The other licenses are currently in use on several other machines; two students' laptops, the coach's computer, and a desktop that lives on campus. There is still a key left over, but we'd prefer to avoid compromising mine.

I ran into a similar issue with the CAD software I had installed (Creo). I assume there's some sort of unique ID on the motherboard... and both RobotC and Creo thought I was trying to cheat the license.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Help! RobotC Licensing Issue!
Send in a ticket to support@robotc.net and we should be able to get you taken care of.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]