ROBOTC VEX IQ Preview 3 - Release Notes and Change Log
We're happy to release the second version of ROBOTC for VEX Robotics - VEX IQ Preview. Download the new Preview Version today from the ROBOTC Preview Website
This new preview version includes ROBOTC’s Natural Language 2.0 for the VEX IQ platform. Robot programming has never been easier now with the new and improved Natural Language 2.0. Learn more about Natural Language and download our new documentation at www.vexteacher.com
Here's a few notes before you get started with the new build:
1. Make sure you use the VEX IQ Firmware Update utility to update your VEX IQ Brain to version 1.06 - This is important for using the new Preview Version of ROBOTC.
2. If you are using the VEX IQ Color Sensor, there is a new firmware version available for it as well. Download the 1.06 version into your Brain, then connect your VEX IQ Color Sensor and use the "Update"
3. Inside of ROBOTC, you'll want to download the latest ROBOTC firmware (version 10.03) to your VEX IQ. Use the "Robot -> Download Firmware" option to do this.
After that, you should be good to go! Take a look below for the official change log and let us know if you have any questions/concerns or run into any issues.VEX IQ Preview #3 Changelog
• Added support for VEX IQ with Natural Language 2.0 - Documentation Available Here!
• Support for VEX IQ Distance and Gyro Sensors
• Modified Motor Encoder based commands – encoders now operate in “Degrees” by default (360 counts per revolutions – used to be 960 per revolution)
• Numeous commands have been updated to fix the first letter being a “capital” letter.
• Update some function name commands to better reflect their usage. This may cause an error in your program and we apologize in advance.
o setMotorPosition -> moveMotorTarget (relative movements)
o setMotorPosition ->setMotorTarget (absolute movements)
o getMotorEncoderValue -> getMotorEncoder
o getServoPosition -> getServoEncoder
o getColor12Color -> getColorName
o getColorProximityValue -> getColorProximity
o getColorSaturationValue -> getColorSaturation
o getColorHueValue -> getColorHue
• ROBOTC File System for VEX IQ is operational – users have the ability to store up to 64 programs at the same time!
• Functions Library (left side-bar in ROBOTC) now has hover over text for VEX IQ Motor, Sensor, and Natural Language commands.
• Fixed issue where COM port "Select Port" dialog was being displayed twice when user hits "Cancel".
• All sample programs updated to reflect new command names and features.
• Added sample programs for VEX IQ Gyro and Distance sensors.
• Added sample programs for VEX IQ Natural Language 2.0 functionality.
• Numerous other bug fixes and enhancements.
ROBOTC Developer - SW Engineertfriez@robotc.net