|Announcing ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.04 Official Release
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||tfriez [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:31 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Announcing ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.04 Official Release|
The ROBOTC Development Team is happy to announce the official release of ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.04! This new version of ROBOTC supports both the VEX Cortex and VEX IQ platforms in the same programming environment. All 4.X versions of ROBOTC can be installed along side of your existing ROBOTC 3.x installation to assist with upgrading and transitions between the two versions. Download ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.04 today!
Also available today, users are able to purchase and upgrade to the new ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.x. To see pricing details and purchase/upgrade your license, visit http://www.robotc.net/purchase/vexrobotics/ (for Real Robots) or http://www.robotc.net/purchase/rvw/rvw-vex-4.php (for Virtual Worlds).
ROBOTC 3.x to 4.X upgrade details:
ROBOTC for VEX Cortex and PIC 3.X Upgrade
Perpetual Users (who purchased in 2013): No upgrade fee! Full purchase price will be applied towards same type of license for 4.0.
Perpetual Users (who purchase before 2013): 50% discount on equivalent 4.0 License
Annual Users (who purchased in 2013): 50% discount on equivalent 4.0 License
ROBOTC Virtual Worlds for VEX Robotics 3.x Upgrade
FREE VIRTUAL WORLDS UPGRADE FOR ALL EXISTING USERS!
In order to upgrade, you will need your existing LicenseID and Password information to complete the upgrade checkout process. A new licenseID will be generated for your upgrade license. For a walkthrough on the "upgrade" process, visit our ROBOTC.net Wiki page on upgrading your license.
The upgrade period for ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.x is only 6 months long and will expire on June 1st, 2014 - so upgrade today before it's too late!
Here’s a few notes before you get started with the new build with VEX IQ:
* Make sure you use the VEX IQ Firmware Update Utility and update your VEX IQ Brain to version 1.07 or later – this is required to use the new 4.03 Beta Version of ROBOTC for VEX Robotics
* If you are using the VEX IQ Color Sensor, there is a new firmware version available for it as well. Upgrade the IQ Brain to version 1.07, then connect your VEX IQ Color Sensor and use the “Update” button.
* Inside of ROBOTC, you’ll want to download the latest ROBOTC firmware (version 10.03) to your VEX IQ. Use the “Robot -> Download Firmware” option to download this new firmware onto the VEX IQ Brain.
* If this is your first time using your VEX IQ kit with ROBOTC, make sure to take at the 'Getting Started with VEX IQ Guide' on the ROBOTC wiki for instructions on setting up the VEX IQ system.
ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.X includes the new 'Natural Language 2.0' for the VEX IQ platform. Programming robots has never been easier than the new and improved Natural Language 2.0. Learn more about Natural Language and download our new documentation at http://www.vexteacher.com (Note: the VEX Cortex will continue using Natural Language 1.0 to maintain backwards compatibility.)
Here’s a few notes before you get started with the new build with VEX Cortex:
* There is new ROBOTC firmware for the VEX Cortex system. Use the “Robot -> Download Firmware” option to download this new firmware onto the VEX Cortex microcontroller.
* The default platform when starting ROBOTC for VEX Robotics for the first time is now VEX IQ. Cortex users can switch the platform back to Cortex mode by using “Robot Menu -> Platform Type”
* The VEX Cortex Master Firmware and VEX Cortex Joystick Firmware are still the same from ROBOTC 3.62.
After the firmware(s) has been updated, your VEX Robotics systems should be good to go! Take a look below for the basic change log and let us know if you have any questions/concerns, or if you run into any issues.
4.03 -> 4.04 Change Log:
• More instrumentation around the VEX IQ "auto device ID verification" error to try to determine why it is failing. If you're experiencing this issue, please contact ROBOTC support to assist us in debugging this issue.
• Fix to prevent VEX IQ from showing up as "Busy" after plugging it into the computer after downloading.
• Window name change to "VEX Controller Software Inspection" rather than "Cortex Software Inspection". It applies to both VEX controllers.
• New Feature: Automatically close the debugger when the communications link is lost to the robot.
• New optimization to make opening/closing debugger twice as fast as before.
• Fixed Typos in VEX IQ Software Inspection window.
• Enabled optimization on ROBOTC main executable and DLL files to make smaller installers and more a efficient application.
• Updated RBC Macro Files to support VEX IQ
• Re-Enabled Emulator Support - was incorrectly hidden from end users.
• Tweak PID factors for VEX Cortex 269-motor.
• Revised VEX Cortex motor PID calculations. Smoother convergence with less overshoot.
• Fixed issue with "bIfiRobotDisabled" being declared as deprecated.
• Fixed issue with "Highlight Program Execution" checkbox being inverted in its behaviour.
• Installer will now automatically upgrade from VEX IQ Preview Versions, in addition to any previous ROBOTC 4.x build.
• Removed Start Menu icon that opens ROBOTC up without a platform setting - caused too many issues for first time runs in Windows 8 with trial clocks not starting.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group