ROBOTC Graphical Update Patch - 4 Wheel Drive (4WD) Support!
A special ROBOTC update allows you to use our new Graphical Natural Language interface with 4-wheel drive robots! You will need to using ROBOTC 4.08 for maximum compatibility with the new blocks. This will allow you to use the following commands with 4WD based robots:
- tankControlTo Install:
- Download update files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q929cmgsq7lte ... OTC408.zip
- Decompress files from download .zip folder
- Copy to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment 4.X\Includes" (or wherever you installed ROBOTC to)
- Accept any prompts regarding overwriting files. You're updating ROBOTC system files to enable this new functionality, so this is expected.
- Run ROBOTC with Graphical Natural Language
- Enjoy!New Graphical Commands:setMotorReversed(nMotorIndex, bReversed);
- Allows you to set a motor as "reversed" to allow the Basic Movement commandsconfigureDriveTrain2WD(leftMotorPort, rightMotorPort);
- Configures the Basic Movement/Joystick/Line Following commands to use the specified left and right motors to move your robot.configureDriveTrain4WD(leftMotorPort, left2ndMotorPort, rightMotorPort, right2ndMotorPort);
- Configures the Basic Movement/Joystick/Line Following commands to use the specified two left and two right motors to move your robot.
Note: Depending on the ports used by sensors, some of the looping structures may not be available due to overlapping ports. A future update to ROBOTC will accommodate this issue.
Once the new files are installed, you should see the new "Setup" menu under the Graphical Natural Language interface.
We've tested this functionality thoroughly, but as always, if you're heading to VEX IQ worlds and your robot is working well... If it's not broken, don't try to fix it
ROBOTC Developer - SW Engineertfriez@robotc.net